Social media marketing is proving to be a major key to succeeding as a business today in 2016. Social media marketing itself is all about presenting quality and relevant content in a professional manner. And we’ve talked about how to make your brand Instafamous before and how that fame could be attainable for all of us, but now it’s time to take it a step further.
Since then, we have upgraded our own Instagram account to the new business profile. Our profile now features a contact button and a hyperlink to our headquarters’ address, which goes well beyond what a basic Instagram profile generally displays. Along with the new look, we now have a new set of Instagram’s native tools for assessing how exactly our posts are performing. The tools include statistics on posts and followers, as well as an easier way to promote posts. So how do you upgrade your profile?
Below are the five easy steps for getting your Instagram profile to business official and a few reasons why it may be beneficial for you and your marketing efforts.
Upgrade Instagram to Business
There are upwards of 500 million monthly active users on Instagram. Yes, we know that’s a lot of people…as if you didn’t have enough to worry about when you posted a picture on Instagram…But think about it this way, that’s a pretty big number of possibilities of people who could made aware of your business. And what’s better than more exposure for your business? The biggest perk of upgrading your account is that it puts your address and information front and center on your profile, along with a ‘contact’ button. This signals that you are in fact a business and gives your followers legitimate information if they need to reach out to you.
5 Simple Steps:
- Connect your personal Facebook profile to your already established Business Facebook Page and ensure that your personal Facebook account has administrative permission.
- Go to Instagram, find the settings at the top right hand corner, and select the SWITCH TO BUSINESS PROFILE.
- Log in to that Facebook profile with that same personal profile that is connected to the Business Facebook page. Follow the steps closely, in particular when the app will ask you which Facebook page to associate to the Instagram account.
- Enter the information for your business, i.e. proper phone number, email, and address.
- Read each tutorial that comes along with each tool, and enjoy!
Time to Upgrade
While we don’t recommend that everyone who has an Instagram profile go ahead and upgrade to a business profile, if you do have an Instagram account for your business, then by all means go for it! It allows your followers and anyone you may interact with on Instagram to understand that you are in fact a business and should interact with you accordingly. Plus, there’s nothing worse than discovering a new business’ profile on Instagram and getting stuck there because you can’t find any contact information for them. Don’t let your Instagram profile be a dead end for your potential clients and customers! Upgrading to a business profile could be the kickstart you need for your social media marketing and success.
The post 5 Steps to Upgrading Your Instagram to Business appeared first on The Contactually Blog | For Relationship-Based Businesses.